The 6-inch MT series was created to address those situations where higher performance was required from an in-wall installation. Beginning with high-quality components, we created a very unique design that allowed for greater electronic and physical adjustability. We began by mounting both the midrange and tweeter drivers on a single module we call the “Uni-Pivot.” This allows the mid and high frequencies to be directed toward the listening area, a function formerly only available in a cabinet speaker. We also added individual EQ adjustments to each speaker to allow the installer to tune the speaker based on its proximity to adjacent walls or ceiling surfaces.
Since wall construction varies from house to house, we wanted to give the dealer an opportunity to improve the wall’s integrity. AcoustiCell is a revolutionary wall damping system made from a blend of sound absorbing materials that truly enhance the performance of the speaker by deadening the wall and reducing unwanted sympathetic vibrations. Still a critical part of the SpeakerCraft line, the MT series may offer the solution you are looking for.
Order Stock # ASM87630
- 6 1/2" Aluminum Cone Woofer with Dual Voice Coil, Filleted Rubber Surround & Phase Plug
- Pivoting 1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter
- Front-Mounted Buttons Allow for up to ±3dB of Bass and Treble Adjustment
- Timbre-Matched to All Three Series Speakers
- Sensitivity: 90dB 1W/1m
- Power Handling: 125 Watts
- Impedance: 8/6/4 Ohms, Depending on Button Settings
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 12 ¼" x 8 3/16" x 3 3/16" (311 mm x 208 mm x 81 mm)
- Wall Cut-Out Dimensions: (H x W) 10 9/16" x 6 9/16" (268 mm x 167 mm)