The 8" In-Ceiling Bass Augmentation System enhances the low frequency response of any in-ceiling or in-wall speaker system; this is particularly effective in large rooms.
The BAS systems have built-in crossovers. This allows you to connect your in-ceiling or in-wall speakers to the BAS, which will direct the bass to the BAS and the higher frequencies to your other (satellite) speakers.By selecting one of the three frequency settings, you can control the amount of bass that is sent to the BAS. For instance, if you have small speakers you would set the switch to a high frequency. This will allow your small speakers to play effortlessly, hence, sound better with less distortion. If you have larger speakers, you would set the switch to a low frequency, allowing your larger speakers to reproduce the mid bass and the BAS to play only the low, or sub-bass. This will produce tighter and deeper bass response.
No matter how you configure the BAS with any speaker system, you will always get greater saturation, higher SPL and less distortion. The BAS augmentation system just makes your system sound better.
Order Stock # ASM90920
- 8" IMG Cone, Dual Voice Coil Woofer
- Front-Mounted Adjustable Low-Pass Crossover, 80Hz or 120Hz
- Front-Mounted 180° Phase Reversal Switch
- Recommended Amplifier - Bass Power 150
- Sensitivity: 90dB 1W/1m
- Power Handling: 100 Watts
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 120Hz or 30Hz - 80Hz, Depending on Switch Setting
- Diameter x Depth: 11 15/16" x 4 1/4" (303 mm x 108 mm)
- Cut-Out Diameter: 9 3/4" (248 mm)
- Weight: 6.4 lbs. (2.9 kg)